Thursday, July 3, 2014

Garden Love


We've tried to garden before. 

With only a couple handfuls of produce to show for our labor, I was hesitant to try again this year. I fantasized about gardening alongside my neighbor, whose endeavors seemed to thrive every year. 

And then I had a literal dream-come-true moment. My neighbor, after hearing about our inexperience, invited me to garden with her this year! I'd go over to her house a couple times a week to work with her, and when harvest time came, we'd share the bounty. 

It has been working out wonderfully for both of us. She enjoys the company, and I get a hands-on gardening education. Now that some of our crops are ready to harvest, I'm pretty sure it would be worth the work of trying again next year in my own yard. I LOVE getting to bring home a basket of freshly-picked produce that tastes so good my toddlers devour it. 


And every now and then, there are pretty flowers, too! 


What's growing in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment