Friday, November 1, 2013

I Blinked

Apparently, I blinked.

My last post was at the end of July. It is now the beginning of November. REALLY?!? How did August, September, and October pass so quickly?

The silver lining is that if anyone did stop by my blog, the post that has been up for the last three months is the one in which I shared the Gospel. If a person only ever saw one post on Danson For Joy, that's the one I would want them to see.

In case you were wondering, I did not give up on the blog. I told you I wouldn't! *smile* The last three months have been full of delightful distractions, most of which I will probably write about. I realize there will be occasional (okay, frequent) lapses in my writing due to putting first things first. Before I'm a writer, I'm a wife and mama. (Those are each full-time jobs!) However, I also realize that I need to set a goal for myself.

Right now, my goal will be to post once a week. That will give you, my dear readers, something to look forward to (I hope you'll look forward to it!)...and if you don't hear from me, call me out! *laugh* Right now, my very dear readers consist of just two. If any other friends, relatives, or "future friends" are reading, please let me know! Any blogger LOVES to get comments, and I'm no exception (remember my compulsion for checking the mail?). Even more, I'd love for you to join/follow Danson For Joy so that you'll see my new posts. It's encouraging to know that people are along on this journey with me!

10 comments:

  1. I will be watching for you blog posts! I just started a blog of my own not too long ago. So, glad to see friends that have one too. Would love for you to follow me as well! ;) Looking forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you, Lauren! I enjoyed checking out your blog and will certainly follow it. Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I'm following you girl and have invited my Face Booker's to join in also, your numbers will be going up soon. I look forward to Dancing for Joy with you and so will your followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Melia, I appreciate your sharing my blog with your Facebook friends! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I am following you because Melia posted this on fb. I met u in Iowa when u were younger and doing cartwheels in a dress. I loved it! I can't wait to see all that God shows you and does in your life. You've grown into a beautiful young woman with a beautiful family! Be more blessed! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you very well, Rhonda! Your memory of my doing cartwheels in a dress made me laugh. :) Thank you for your sweet comments! Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  4. I found you through Melia's post as well. We're related thru Great Aunt MaryLou I'm sure although heaven knows what we "are" to each other, ha. Glad to find your blog to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mandy! I think your mom and my mom are cousins. :) So we're third cousins? Though we've never met, I believe I've been to your house with my grandma when I was a child. :) Maybe we'll get to meet someday. It's nice to get connected through blogging, though! Thanks for writing!

      Delete
  5. From one blogger who is first a wife and mama to three.... way to go! :) I only post weekly too. I constantly have to remind myself that the blogging is a hobby, and while I feel called to it, I'm called higher to the tiny ones at my feet. ;) Thanks for sharing, Jesse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! I do want to keep my posting consistent, but it's good to know other people understand my priorities. :) Your kind words mean a lot to me!

      Delete