Tuesday, November 26, 2013

How to Turn Your Toddler's Art Into Fine Stationery


My two-year-old is an artist. She follows in her mama's footsteps, and in her daddy's, too (though few people know of Jonathan's artistic talent). Rather than only giving her typical coloring books, we gave her a spiral bound notebook to go crazy with her brightly colored crayons. As I flipped through the pages exclaiming over her beautiful artwork, I had the urge to share the cheerful scribbles with others who love her.

Tearing out a page and popping it in an envelope would have been easy enough, but I wanted it to feel more special and intentional. That's when the idea struck! I would turn her crayon masterpieces into fine stationery!

I selected some of her more colorful pages, and cropped the art to about 4" x 5 1/4", just the right size to mount on the front of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. 

The cards were easy to make by cutting a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock in half, and then folding each piece in half. 

My adhesive of choice a was a simple glue stick, and then I chose a crayon in a complimentary color to draw a border around the edge. 

On the back, I noted in pen that the artwork was by my daughter, age two, 2013...you know, for posterity. ;)

I'm eager to get these little beauties in the mail on their way to grandparents and friends. While it may not be fine stationery, it is certainly FUN stationery!



What art projects have you been working on lately?

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea!!! That's a really fun way to share her artwork with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete