Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Most Important Thing

Before I get too far into writing this blog, before I post about any projects or tutorials or recipes, before I let another day go by, I must share with you the most important thing in my life.

That is my relationship with Jesus Christ. 

I am a Christian, and I don't want to waste any opportunity to tell someone about the gift of eternal life that we are offered in Christ.

Though I could talk about it for hours, it is really quite simple. It's all in God's Word, the Bible.



God is real, and He created the world and everything in it. (Check out the first chapter in the Bible, Genesis 1.) He created us...perfect. He gave us a free will, and the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, chose to sin against Him. Because of that, we are all born with a sin nature. ("For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23)
The holy and just penalty for sin is death. We die physically, and we die spiritually, too, to spend eternity in hell. ("For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23)
GOD LOVES US! Because He is holy, He requires the penalty for sin to be paid. But He provided a way that we don't have to pay it.
God, in His sinless state, was born as a man, Jesus Christ, to die in our place. He was crucified on a cross and shed His blood to pay the penalty for sin for us. He conquered death by rising from the grave three days later. He is now in Heaven, and if we accept His payment for sin, we can spend eternity in Heaven with Him and be spared the eternal torture of hell. ("But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8)
It sounds so blunt, but it's the Truth. I'm glad someone told me...and one day you'll be glad someone told you (unless you choose not to believe, and then you'll wish you could turn back the clock and choose differently!).
If you believe what the Bible says, repent of your sins and ask Jesus to be your Savior! He will forgive your sin and save you from hell, and you can have a home in heaven when you die. No other person or thing can save you, according to God's Word. Only Jesus. We cannot earn salvation. But once we accept the gift of salvation through Jesus, it is everlasting. ("For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Jessica! I am so happy to see that you have a blog Jessica and I will enjoy reading it and Dance 4 Joy with you! Hebrews 11 (Known as the "Faith Chapter') is a great chapter to read also, especially for those new in their faith, but great for us all! There are so many times when I am having a bad day, and my friend Joy would say, "Melia, you just have to have faith", it is so true! So many times I would lean on my own understanding and try to solve things myself, WRONG! It is only when I learn to surrender and give it to God, that is when things go right. Prayer and faith, they are a must have everyday!

    ReplyDelete