Friday, July 26, 2013

Professional Pen Pal

When I was in my teens, I had something like thirteen pen pals...all at once! Only one or two girls were ever in my social circle, so I sought friendship from afar. Inspired by Proverbs 17:17, "A friend loveth at all times..." I determined to be the most faithful of friends - translated to the most faithful of pen pals. :) Every letter I received garnered a reply. And then I'd wait hopefully for each pen pal to write back.

To this day I am an obsessive mail-checker. I have no more pen pals, but still I'm always excited for the random letter from a loved one.

Of the few blogs I follow, a couple have almost become like pen pals to me, in a sense. I look forward to "checking the mail" every day and receiving their "letter." Even if their blogging subject that day might not be of particular interest to me, it's like catching up with a good friend who I know will be there with something to share.

I want my blog to be like that for you, whoever my wonderful readers are. As I'm just starting out, I don't know how often I will be able to post, or what exactly my posts will be about. But I do know that I'm going to stick with this. Rest assured, you will always receive another "letter" from me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Danson For Joy, I really love the pictures you posted on FB this week of your family. They are so precious. Your photographer is amazing, and seems to capture the beauty of your family perfectly with each picture. Me and mine are doing well, enjoying the beauty that Fall is bringing. I am thinking about picking some pecans on this tree by my house today and baking something yummy with them, I will let you know how it turns out. I am also committing to getting my "Doughnut" gone this fall with some much needed exercising, after I devour my pecan dessert that is. :o) Prayer request: Jordan & Jessica need jobs. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments, Melia! Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm praying for Jordan and Jessica to find jobs. And your pecan dessert sounds mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete